Re: How to inscrease size of swap

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 08:45:50AM +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
>> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 13:22, Le Ngoc Thach wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> > How I can inscrease size of swap without loss data in RedHat Linux
>> 8.0? or What program to resize partition ext3, swap without loss
>> data in RedHat Linux 8.0
>>
>> You can have more than one swap partition.  I don't know what the
>> upper limit is.  Just set apart another partition and add it to
>> /etc/fstab. --
> You can have more than 1 but they all have to be smaller than 2Gig.

Since I didn't see this presented I'll offer up the option of creating a
swap file instead of a partition. Use the mkswap command to format a file
as a swap  (the "dd" command is in the mkswap man page). Then just issue
"swapon <path-to-file>". Provided that is set up and working, add a line
to /etc/fstab to swap it on at reboot.

Keith