Re: suggestions mail list server for RH8

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Randall J. Parr wrote:

> I have a client who wants to impliment a small, simple mailling list on
> his RH 8 server which currently has sendmail servers with procmail in use.
>
> I was leaning towards SmartList given he's already using procmail and/or
> Majordomo given the availability of books/help in its use.
>
> Which of the available mail list server programs (Majordomo, Minordomo,
> SmartList, ListServ, etc.) will work well on this kind of "stock" RH 8
> server?
>
> Which would be easiest to install and/or administer? (eg. he's heard
> horror stories regarding the difficulty of setting up and administering
> Majordomo)

Mailman comes to mind. It comes with 8.0. Red Hat and a bunch of others
use it quite successfully. It has a web gui interface for administrating
it. Keep in mind that some of what you ask is like asking is vi better
than emacs. The arguements for and against have a religious tone to them
so at some point you just have to pick one. :-)

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....