From: "Lionel M. Worman" <lworman wittenberg edu>
To: psyche-list redhat com
Subject: Usernames with dots
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:29:35 -0400

We use dots in our usernames for LDAP, sort of like
John.Smith

But when I try to create a similar account in Red Hat 8.0 so that I can use LDAP authentication the account is never actually built.

Any ideas on how to create accounts with dots in the names in Red Hat?

Lionel M. Worman
Information Technology Coordinator
Wittenberg University