Re: umask - chmod - sticky bit

On 11:59 06 Aug 2003, Corey Hart <chart acad stedwards edu> wrote:
| I have a shared directory where I would like every file underneath it to get
| created with the following permissions
|
| chmod 660 (ug+rw) or umask 007
|
| but I can not figure out a way to do this short of having cron run everyone 5
| minutes chmod -R the directory and everything underneath it.
|
| My users default umask is 077.

All you can do is change your users' umask.
If your groups are set up right (every user has their own group) a umask
of 007 should be fine.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

...when my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull
out my motor-bike and hurl it at top speed through these unfit roads for hour
after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less than
hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life... - T.E. Lawrence 1923