Booting up from floppy problem

Hi,

I had this problem several weeks ago and was never able to figure this out.
I'm running a RH 8 box, Dell Power Edge 2650 server and for some reason I am
not able to boot up from floppy, even though I tried just about every option
available on my system BIOS on boot up.

I'm trying to boot from a recovery disk created by my backup software - I'm
using mondo recovery OS software for that.

Any ideas as to what I might be missing?

Could I boot up from one of the RH 8 distribution disks?  Or would I have to
create a recovery disk first?

I am able to access my CD Rom drive so at least I know that's working OK.

Thanks for any info.