Re: Disk space usage analysis

    Jason> Hi all ; Does anyone know of a tool that I can use to analyse
    Jason> how much disk space a specific directory ( not filesystem ) is
    Jason> using ? in otherwords , something that can allow me to conduct
    Jason> an in-depth analysis of a directory tree , how much space in Mb
    Jason> that tree is using , how many files it has and how large those
    Jason> specific files are ?

In addition to du, check out kdirstat.  It's a KDE-based tool that analyzes
disk usage.  It gives you an "in-depth analysis of a directory tree",
exactly what you're looking for.

It has a treemap mode that actually lets you see the file sizes in a
simulated 3D graphical display.  Pretty cool.

http://kdirstat.sourceforge.net

--
	Ron Olsen
	Boulder Colorado