Re: Problem with koffice on psyche

FWIW,

I get this "Mutex destroy failure" message
all the time in KDE under 8.0. However, it doesn't
appear to have any adverse effects on whatever
application may have triggered the message.

Like you, I also first noticed this in 8.0-Psyche.

This is a non-technical response just to say others
are experiencing this. Probably not an issue. I don't
have koffice/kword installed, but checking a recent
startx log shows something generated it:

QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'view widget')
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
QComboBox::setCurrentItem: (unnamed) Index 0 out of
range

Last night I booted briefly into a Phoebe (8.0.92
beta)
session - tried a few things like OpenOffice writer
(didn't have koffice installed there either). Don't
see the message coming up there. Will check further
when
I get time...

Might check bugzilla.redhat.com on this.

Regards,
JI

--- "William W. Austin" <waustin speakeasy net> wrote:
> Recently I switched to kde from previous wm
> (enlightenment) and after a few days
>  of playing with it, I am fairly comfortable.
> However, there is one new problem
> which I had not previously encountered and it does
> not seem to occur on the 7.3
> and 7.2 boxes I have available -- only psyche.
>
> Prior to switching desktops, I occasionally ran
> kword and a few other programs
> from the koffice suite with no problem.  However,
> after switching to the kde
> desktop (talk about irony) whenever I try to run
> (for instance) koffice, I get
> the message:
>
> > Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
>
> Before going into system details, this is a program
> which ran with no problems a
> week ago under both enlightenment and the gnome
> desktop.
>
> So I ran an strace on it and the program dies with:
>

> open("/usr/share/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/libc.mo",
> O_RDONLY) = 3
> > fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=1474,
> ...}) = 0
> > mmap2(NULL, 1474, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) =
> 0x40f66000
> > close(3)                                = 0

open("/usr/share/locale/en.iso885915/LC_MESSAGES/libc.mo",