Re: Configuring a USB FlashDisk

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Danny Towler wrote:

> Works fine. Thanks Ed.

Welcome...

BTW, I don't use other USB devices so there aren't conflicts or a chance
that my flashdisk would get a different scsi device when plugged in.  So,
I simply put...

/dev/sda1               /mnt/usb                vfat noauto,user,rw 0 0

in my /etc/fstab and made a file in my bin directory that contains:

mount /dev/sda1

Makes life a bit easier.  I would caution against using automount since
you may end up with a corrupt file system if you pull out the disk without
first doing a proper unmount.

Ed