Re: Redhat's Bind config tool

I am the person trying to fix the Red Hat config bind tool. The whitespace you are seeing is caused by xsl. Basically
the config data is stored in an XML database and the uses XSL to translate it to its final form (Not My design). When XSL translates the file it leaves all this white space.

I would appreciate people submitting bugs on any problems they have with this tool. I will try to fix and enhance this tool when I have time. I do not monitor this list that closely so putting problems in Bugzilla is helpful. Enhancement ideas and requests would be great also.

Tommy McNeely wrote:

I agree with the whitespace issue... but you dont need a FQDN in the zone file if the origin is set correctly?? none of mine have the FQDN.. only hostnames .. ofcourse after a bad experience with bind-config I use vim as my "config tool" :)