From: Dave Sherman [mailto:dsherman real-time com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 1:03 PM
To: RedHat 8.0
Subject: Re: WEP key... doesnt work in RH Linux 8

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 11:50, Levinshtein, Eyal wrote:
> Is there any incompatibility in the WEP key?
>
> I enter a WEP key on the AP, and enter the same WEP key on my client in
> Windows it works.   If I enter the same WEP key in RH Linux 8.0 it will
not
> work.?
>
> Any idea why?
>
> I use Orinoco Gold and Lucent AP-500

I know I had to manually edit the config file for eth1 (my wireless
card), and change the channel to 6 (it was 1 by default).

You might also verify whether you are set to use 64 bit WEP or 128 bit
WEP. They do not use compatible keys, even if you (try to) enter the
same key for both.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA