Re: WEP key... doesnt work in RH Linux 8

Norman Gaywood wrote:
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:50:34PM -0500, Levinshtein, Eyal wrote:

Is there any incompatibility in the WEP key?

I enter a WEP key on the AP, and enter the same WEP key on my client in
Windows it works.   If I enter the same WEP key in RH Linux 8.0 it will not
work.?

Any idea why?

I use Orinoco Gold and Lucent AP-500

I had a similar problem until, after reading the man page for iwconfig,
I figured out that I must enter the key as:

s:WEPKEY

That is, put the s: on the front of the key.

The s: on the front tells iwconfig you are using a string for the key instead of hex digits. If your key is in hex, you don't want to use the s: prefix.

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+