Re: OpenSSL 0.9.7 on Redhat 8.0

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:03:24AM -0600, Setera, Craig wrote:
> I'm trying to get FreeRadius up and running on my Redhat 8.0 box to do
> EAP/TLS authentication for my wireless access point.  I'm very close,
> but I'm having version mismatch problems between FreeRadius and my
> current OpenSSL installation.  I tried to install the 0.9.7 RPM from
> Rawhide, but had a large number of prerequisite problems.  Am I safe
> to force this installation or is there a better way for me to upgrade
> to 0.9.7 on Redhat 8.0?

Please don't install packages from Raw Hide using --nodeps (--force
actually wouldn't have helped here -- the --force option is just a
combination of --replacepkgs and --replacefiles).  Rampant use of the
--nodeps option can break a system in ways which are Hard to fix.

If you want to install the 0.9.7 packages, install the openssl096b
compatibility package at the same time to avoid breaking dependencies.