Problem with applications.menu file

Hello all,

Wanting to modify my Gnome menus, I started editing the applications.menu file. It started well enough but I have been having a problem.

When I start X now, all I see in the Start menu is icons for launch program, find programs lock scren and close session. Nothing else ! No menus !

When I look in the X logs I see the following message :

/etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu:586: Opening and ending tag mismatch Folder and VFolderInfo
</VFolderInfo>
^
/etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu:586:eror: Premature end of data in tag VFolderInfo
</VFolderInfo>
^

Any ideas ?

P.S : I had made a backup before starting to edit but I dont know why its not working either maybe I goofed up with it.