Re: Toshiba Tecra 780

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 22:23, Tony Nugent wrote:

> IIFC

I don't know this abbreviation?

, as it is a "legacy" card, you need to install the
> XFree86-SVGA-3.3.6 package and then link /etc/X11/X to
> /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA to enable it.

Thanks for the suggestion.  This fits with the laptop working with SuSE
7.3 (XFree86 3.3.x).

I'm a bit unsure how to proceed.  I know I might break the package
update feature of Red Hat if I don't install software that fits their
paradigm.  Is it sufficient to install the 3.3.6 XFree86 from an rpm
package, or do I need to find something more specific to Red Hat or...?

Thanks for any light anyone might shed on this question.

Cheers,
Bret