Special Club

I'm curious...do you have to be in some special club to get your email posts answered.

I have submitted a post several times about power management and have not got one answer. Getting the system to boot I would have thought was straight forward for the non-newbies and is clearly quite a critical problem.

My problem arose from a standard install and resulted in my system not booting further than:

INIT: 2.84 booting...

I have found a line to add to /etc/grub.conf which got me booting, but now it won't power down completely.

Please...Linux didn't get where it is today by people avoiding each other

Thank you

Scott