Blanking Flat Panel Display

I've got RH 8.0 installed.  Running the stock "nv" driver on a "RIVA TNT2"
video card.

When the system is sitting at the GUI login screen it will "blank" after a
while (haven't timed it) and the LED on the flat panel monitor changes
from green to amber.

When logged in, I've the screensaver disabled but no matter how long I
leave the system unattended the screen never blanks.

Any ideas as to how to get the screen to blank?

thanks,
Ed

--
http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs