Re: grubby kernel prob continued

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for the explanation. When I openned the mail, and read your response, I smiled thinking that someone else finally had a problem similar to my own...

Then I noticed that the reason it read like my writing was because the repeated text was my own...

Oddly though, my son does not get a "grubby error: cannot locate template .." when ever he recompiles his new kernel, and he is following the same steps that I follow.

His 2.4.20 just make installs and he is off to the races. It boots fine.

I always just get a sudden seize-up and a blank blank screen if I try to boot with the kernel install belonging to the grubby template error. All of the files seem to be there, but no go.