Re: RH8.0 on Dell Dimension 4300S - Linux compatible??

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 16:06, John Nall wrote:
> I've Google-searched and searched the hardware compatibility list at Redhat
> and cannot find whether the Dell Dimension 4300S is, or is not, certified to
> run Linux on.
> Anyone know???  I'm trying to install RH8.0 on one, and it seems to install
> OK but there are some problems.  If the hardware is not compatible, then
> that is that.   I'll just quit.  If it IS compatible,  then I will pursue it
> further.

In my experience, it isn't whole systems that are certified, but rather
subsystems (video card, sound card, network card, etc.). That being the
case, you can simply get a list of the hardware in your Dell, and
compare that against the various compatibility lists.

On another front, why don't you tell us what problems, exactly, you are

Dave Sherman
"If we wanted you to understand it, we wouldn't call it code."