Re: Pushing updates ?

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Keith Winston wrote:

> I haven't tried autorpm, but I was aware of it.  I did not know about
> yum, but I spent a little time with it today and got it working to
> update a package on a test machine.
>
> Yum is definately a little easier to set up based on the documentation
> (and now my one day experience with it).

FWIW I used autorpm a long time ago and abandoned it for autoupdate.
I am still using autoupdate here on several machines but I an mow in
the process of converting to yum. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages
but for me yum is the easiest and most reliable updating program I have found.
Also yum is quite capable of doing "hot upgrades". I have tested this a couple
of times and so far it works as advertised. It only requires a reboot to switch
kernels.

HTH,
--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....