Setting up router

One of my three RH8.0 machines on a LAN has access to the internet, through a dial-up modem. The other two do not have access, so I want them to use the first machine as a router. I gather that the solution to doing this is "iptables", for network address translation. But have not been able to find a good HOWTO on the subject. Can anyone point me to one?

Thanks, John
(every day, a bit more progress :-)