Re: LDAP

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Tommy McNeely wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 10:33, Tom Diehl wrote:
>

> > Were you able to get the autofs part working?? So far I have been unable to
> > figure out how to pass args to autofs via LDAP. The parts I do have working
> > though are really cool. Still need to write some scripts to manage things
> > better though.
> >

> I was able to get it working... Note that mine is running on a "Sun
> LDAP/NIS" server.. so you may want to use something like
> nisMapName=auto_home instead of automountMapName...

I kinda got it working also but the problem I am having is passing something
like timeout=60 to autofs. I cannot get ldap to let me put that in the
auto.master map in ldap. Without that my shares never umount automagically.
They mount just fine but....

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....