On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Tommy McNeely wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 10:33, Tom Diehl wrote:
> >
> > Were you able to get the autofs part working?? So far I have been unable to
> > figure out how to pass args to autofs via LDAP. The parts I do have working
> > though are really cool. Still need to write some scripts to manage things
> > better though.
> >
> I was able to get it working... Note that mine is running on a "Sun
> LDAP/NIS" server.. so you may want to use something like
> nisMapName=auto_home instead of automountMapName...

I kinda got it working also but the problem I am having is passing something
like timeout=60 to autofs. I cannot get ldap to let me put that in the
auto.master map in ldap. Without that my shares never umount automagically.
They mount just fine but....

.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl rogueind com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market
			with good software." -- Bill Gates 1976

   			We are still waiting ....