Re: network backups with tar

Jason Dale wrote:
Yup, I did use root, but I still had a typo after root, so it could not find
the user
name. Thanks, *looking very sheepish*

I don't suppose there is a way to supply the root passwpord on the
command line? this would be great,  because I could then run this command
in the task scheduler

Jason

ssh can be configured to run without passwords, just with secret keys and trusted host/users. But I haven't done this yet.

Toni