Re: RPM issue

Andrew Schott wrote:
Thats imlib, the most recent RedHat approved version. I just tried
updating the library and teh developers package, and it was a joke. I
would be sitting here for over an hour trying to put up with the
dependencies. And oddly enough, the rpm database says its not there,
but I do a search (and an ldconfig -p) the library is there. Must be a
package I built or something ...

That would do it.

Just because the library is there doesn't mean that RPM knows about it. The info in the RPM database comes only from installed RPMs. This is the often the source of complaints about RPM. Conversely, the RPM database may think the library is there, when it has actually been deleted.

Best Regards,
Wake up, baby, cause I'm coming to you from the future -- D Wyndorf
Got spam? Get spastic http://spastic.sourceforge.net