8.0 install

Hi

I had to attempt to reinstall 8.0 on a machine that had it working before. Looks like i installed too much junk and the x server crashed badly amongst other things.

Here's the problem.

I get to the part where the partitions are to be formated and the installation crashes after it comes to the end of formating the last partition.

Basically nothing will install, i have tried a few different os's.

I might have messed up my disk by fdisking it with a win 95 disk and formating, or my mbr is messed up.

Any ideas ?

Marek