Re: Unexpected IGMP network traffic

Ralf,

I reviewed the setup on the Linksys and it looks like it's still right.

I ran "tcpdump -X proto 2" as root for about 2 minutes today and produced a 76 Kb text file. (The same command on a RH8 box here produced nothing in and hour.)

I'm sure that the list doesn't need the full text of the tcpdump, but I'll include a snip at the end of this message. If anybody wants to look at the file, I'd be happy to e-mail it privately.

(BTW, man -t tcpdump > tcpdump.ps makes a 17 page (paper) document that should keep me busy for days.<g>)

Thanks for your help,

Cliff

sorry for the e-mail word wrap.