Re: Most Suitable Server for RedHat Linux?

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 20:25, 012950864 mobitel com kh uttered:
> I'm to decide which server hardware to choose for my RedHat Linux 7.3 as an
> Internet server that will run Apache, MySQL and PHP to manage a
> medium-sized database. May I request for your recommendations, based on
> your experiences, which server hardware is best for this (Compac, HP, Sun,
> ...)?

Well, you could check out the Linux companies.  The 2 main ones are Pogo Linux
and Penguin Computing.

Pogo seems to have better prices, and I've got first hand experience w/ their
hardware.  Top notch!

A 1u rack mount server, probably a WebWare series would be a good choice for
your proposed load.

Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
Mondo DevTeam (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: