Re: how do i check internet connectivity?

From: Keith Winston <kwinston twmi rr com>
To: psyche-list redhat com
Subject: Re: how do i check internet connectivity?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:07:39 -0500

Why c++?
Coz im trying to incorporate this in an existing program in c++

Why not use ping, unless this is an academic exercise?
Nod, is easy enough to use ping, but I will need a target IP
for it. I was thinking of getting events from the LAN card
or something of the like. I was able to do this in windows
based on a WMI sample i found in net, just dont know where
to start in linux.

If you are just trying to solve a problem, there are tons of mature open source network monitors out there.

Ugh, don't you have a real e-mail address?
What do you mean by a "real e-mail address"?

Best Regards, Keith