compactflash 256mb

Greetings all,

 I inserted a 256mb compactFlash disk (simple Technologies inc.) into a PCcard adapter (SanDisk) on my laptop.   All I receive however is 9 ide-floppy references and then a failure to start the device on IRQ 9?

I thought I commented out to user irq9 ?
Also I checked bios and there are no conflicts. I turned all USB, Ir, serial, and parallel ports off just in case.

Has anyone seen similar issues and if so was there a solution?

-Benny

Do you Yahoo!?