3com 3c905b only at 10mb

I have a 3c905b installed under RH8. It is only running at 10Mb. I searched and found newer drivers for it but they need to be compiled into modules. I followed the directions to the letter but I keep getting tons of errors. The driver module that installs with RH8 is for a 3c59x, I looked through the modinfo and could not figure out how to set it for 100Mb instead of 10Mb, did I miss something?
TIA
-Scott