Sync'ing Desktops

This prolly belongs on another list but WTF.

I'm trying to keep my gnome desktops on two different machines synced
with each other. I've tried moving a tarball of my home directory from
one system to the other with really bad results. (gnome took a great big
dump). Is there a tool to help sync two gnome desktops?

Both systems are running RH8.0

TIA,

Dave