Re: support for hyperthreading?

On Monday 10 March 2003 19:09, Michael Wardle uttered:
> No, if I remember correctly, HT support is just going into the latest
> development kernel (2.5.x), which means that the current stable kernel
> (2.4.x) probably doesn't support it yet.

*blink*  What kind of "support" are you looking for?  Red Hat kernels pickup
hyperthreading processors as dual CPUs and load the SMP kernel accordingly
(or they see dual CPUs as 4, etc..).  HT seems to give a 1.3-5x speed
increase in things like compiles, so not too shabby.

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by "support".

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: