Re: Moved HOME, Gnome Not Convinced

| "Ronald W. Heiby" <heiby_rh falkor chi il us> wrote:
| | Saturday, March 8, 2003, 8:21:45 AM, Aaron wrote:
| > This should have nothing to do with Gnome. Are you saying that in the
| > entry in the passwd file for this user says his home directory is in
| > /lhome/user and he is still put into /home/user.
| | Exactly. It's got me scratching my head.

I would venture a guess myself:
The system's PAM configuration loads the pam_ldap module after pam_unix for the "session", so your LDAP values are going to override the password file, not the other way around.

Try reversing the order of those entries in /etc/pam.d/system-auth by moving the last line up one.