Re: support for hyperthreading?

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 22:25, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> SA> Does the latest Linux Kernel support Intel's new HyperThreading
> SA> processors?
>
> No problems here; I don't know why the other posters say it doesn't
> work.  This machine has two 2.6GHz P4 Xeons:

(snip)

I wish I could paste the 'top' output from Red Hat's IBM x440 with 8
physical cpus running Advanced Server 2.1 (kernel-summit-2.4.9-e.12) it
shows up as 16 cpus. If you are running the e.12 kernels you can add a
kernel (or append=) parameter of 'noht' to disable HyperThreading at
boot time, or disable it in the system bios if that option was made
available by the system manufacturer. Not sure if 'noht' works on the
base kernels.

--
Chris Kloiber