From: "JD" <filsuf softhome net>
To: <psyche-list redhat com>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 10:01 PM
Subject: Ext3 vs Ext2

Hallo list, I have a "feeling" that ext3 is much slower than ext2. My hadrdrive blinks more often after I let RH8 formatted it with its favorite ext3; not to mention the noise from the harddrive rotation. As I said, it's just a "feeling" so please don't flame me for feeling it. Am I justified anyway? Is it true that ext3 fs is somehow inferior in practice that ext2? JD

Psyche-list mailing list
Psyche-list redhat com