Re: Init 3 - Don't want Graphical User Interface

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 12:22, Arthur Chong wrote:
> Has anyone tried to set RH8.0 to come up to the
> plain text login screen?
>
> Used to be we would set /etc/inittab to go to
> init level 3 instead of init level 5, but RH8.0
> still comes up to the GUI login screen after the
> changes!
>
> Thanks for the help!

I can't duplicate this.  I've probably configured 200+ 8.0 systems in the last
couple months, many of them w/ runlevel 3 as their default.  Never once has a
default of 3 triggered a GUI login.  Perhaps a second look at /etc/inittab
and/or /etc/rc.local is in order.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net