Re: partition table help

> I have a big problem:
> running install RadHat 8.0 over old partitions i've removed these
> inadvertent with fdisk without formating them. On the mashine was RedHat
> 7.3 and also WinXP.
> Is it possible to recovery the old table (with fips perhaps?) or at
> least WinXP partition?

Did you keep somewhere the partition table of your disk? Like the output
of "fdisk -l /dev/hda"? (I always do). If yes, using fdisk (I could suggest
booting from knoppix (any redhat install cd in expert mode will do),
you can reformat your disk exactly as it was. Then you can mount the
partition to verify that you succeeded.

This of cause if you didn't reformat or install anything on these partitions.

Without knowing the partition table before deletion, there might be a
clever that I don't know.

					Anne