Re: Can't activate /dev/st0

On Tuesday March 11, 2003 Erik Burke wrote:
> Hi there. I recenmtly had the same type of issue with an HP SureStore
> DLT 80 drive. What I had to do was 'rmmod ide-scsi', then 'modprobe
> st'. I do that in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file so it does it every time
> it boots. With that my drive is now recognized and I can use it. Hope
> this helps a bit or gives you an idea.

Erik,

No joy. Here's the modules.conf built during the install. Is there
anything missing?

   alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
   alias scsi_hostadapter ncr53c8xx
   alias eth0 eepro100
   alias sound-slot-0 cs46xx
   post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
   pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :
   alias usb-controller usb-uhci

And I don't know if this is significant, but I've noticed this in dmesg:

   kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL