Audigy 2 problem persists.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and have been trying to use the latest cvs of emu10k1 to get it to work.  I am almost there, but have one question.

I can hear sound from the digital port through the analog speakers, but cannot hear anything out of the analog port (3rd from the firewire port).

emu-config -a makes no difference.

Here i have posted my modules.conf file from /etc at the bottom of this email.
as well as the

Note that I have onboard motherboard Intel AC'97 sound that seems to be getting in the way as well, and the below shows how i tried to solve this by disabling it on the BIOS.

Is there an issue with the drivers trying to access a port on the front case that is normally found on the Audigy 2 Platenum ??... my audigy 2 does not have this.

My history to get it to work thus far...

Have installed the kernel I wish to use along with the right kernel source.  In this case 2.4.18-24.8.0.
so /usr/src has a symlink called linux-2.4 which points to /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-24.8.0/.  I also copied this to a symlink called linux in the same dir as people mentioned this might be useful.
so ls on /usr/src is
linux  (a symlink to linux-2.4.18-24.8.0/)
linux-2.4 (a symlink to linux-2.4.18-24.8.0/)

Have configured the modules as follows.
in /lib/modules i located config file in /lib/modules/2.4.18-24.8.0/configs.  It was called kernel-2.4.18-i686.config.
I copied this file to /lib/modules/2.4.18-24.8.0/ and called it .config as suggested by posts to this list.
(Although someone told me you should not have to do this).

Now I got the emu10k1 stuff from cvs and installed it using
all seemed ok so i did make again, all seemed fine, so then
make install
make tools
make install-tools
This all seemed fine

On rebooting my system, I found that there was no sound.  The system was trying to use the onboard sound which is an intel based AC'97 sound card.  I then set this to be disabled on the BIOS and rebooted getting a message about missing hardware at startup.. on removing the configuration for this device ... the boot process goes ok and that is where i start getting sound out of the digital port.

I would like to know how to get sound from the normal port.  I would also like to know if it is a problem having the onboard sound device enabled with the BIOS.  I.e. i want to have it enabled but not to use it in linux because I use it in another OS.  what should i do for this?

modules.conf from /etc/

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 via-rhine
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias sound-slot-1 audigy
post-install sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
alias sound emu10k1

emu10k1.conf from /ust/local/etc/

## This file is used to configure emu10k1's emu-script

# Note, it's safe to say yes to the next option even if you're not going
# to use it. When this option is enabled, the driver can autodetects AC3
# data and behaves normally with normal audio.
# (Saying yes causes some of the soundcard's resourses to be used up)

# Change this to yes to enable the Livedrive midi port and IR remote
# control.

# Most Lives have their analog front signals inverted. If you have
# problems with your setup (low bass), try changing this to 'yes'. (This
# option has no effect with digital setups)

#Multichannel playback (for 4 - 6 channel setups)

# On 5.1 cards in multichannel mode, should the multichannel data be fed
# to the sub as well?  You probably don't want this if you have a
# speaker set like the DTT2200 which already feeds all channels to the
# sub in hardware.

# By default, the front analog channels have a +12dB boost applied to
# them by the AC'97 mixer. If you encounter clipping, or find that the
# volume of the front speakers is too high in a multichannel setup, try
# changing this to 'no'.

# Surround

# Some wavs, or mp3 are surround sound encoded the next two
# options can be used to decode these in hardware.
# (select on or the other, not both)

# passive matrix surround decoder

# Active matrix surround decoder

# Extra Inputs

## This connector is mounted on the card itself
ENABLE_CD_Spdif=yes  # Volume control is 'Digital1' in aumix/gmix/kmix

# The next four inputs are found on Livedrives, some of these may also
# be inputs on the older add-on daughter cards.

ENABLE_OPTICAL_SPDIF=no # Volume control is 'Digital2'
ENABLE_LINE2_MIC2=no    # Volume control is 'Line2'
ENABLE_RCA_SPDIF=no     # Volume control is 'Digital3'
ENABLE_RCA_AUX=no       # Volume control is 'line3'