Re: No GUI Login & puTTY

Joe Klemmer wrote:

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Arthur Chong wrote:

Thanks everyone, we will obtain puTTY.

Thanks for the URL link !!

We've tried it and it still seems to give the wired characters on a
"man" command. Perhaps we have to play with the settings.....

Change the settings in the i18n file, as was suggested earlier. This is also in the release notes.

Putty supports UTF-8. You can go to the Window->Translation settings on the login screen and tell the application that the remote system uses UTF-8. When your terminal emulator works, you don't have to break your system to support it. ;-)