Re: Digital camera question

Hi:

Some steps that can help.

Before plug the USB-cord of camera into your computer:

tail -f /var/log/messages

Plug it and see what says the usb controler. Here you will see to what
/dev/sdxx has been attached.

Make a mount point for your camera. For example mkdir /mnt/digimax410

Presumably, the camera filesystem is seen like fat32, then try to mount it
with this type of partition. mount -t vfat /dev/sdxx /mnt/digimax410.

If then is mounted and all goes ok, you can define the mount path in the
/etc/fstab with no mount at boot option.

HTH

Regards

Pavel Rozenboim <pavelr coresma com>@redhat.com con fecha 13/03/2003
09:44:06 a.m.

Por favor, responda a psyche-list redhat com

Enviado por:   psyche-list-admin redhat com

Destinatarios:     "Psyche-List (E-mail)" <psyche-list redhat com>
CC:

Asunto:   Digital camera question

Hi,

I have Samsung digimax 410 camera. It can be connected to PC with USB
cable.
According to the /var/log/messages it is recognized as USB mass storage
device and usb-storage and some scsi related modules (sg, sd_mod and
probably some others) are loaded. I see its listing in
/proc/bus/usb/devices. I read somewhere on internet that I should be able
"just" mount it as scsi device. I tried to mount /dev/sd[a-d][1-4] as well
as /dev/sd[a-d] devices, but always got an error that it is not valid block
device. Do I need some camera specific driver? If not, how so I find the
right device to mount? Does anyone have any experience with this camera?

Thanks,
           Pavel.