esonique 1373 soundcard not working

hi! I installed redhat 8 in december and since then have had no sound.
I've tried simple things like making sure the volume isn't muted, making
sure the sound server is activated, and trying to play test sounds as a
regular user and as root. Other than sound simply not working I don't
seem to get any error messages.

My sound card, if you care, goes as such:

Ensoniq ES1373 digital controller
Crystal CS4297 analog CODEC

and as far as I can tell is supported hardware.

Does anybody have any clue as to what else may be wrong, or how I can
get some sort of message that might indicate what's wrong?

This is a last ditch effort before I break down and get some sort of
support from redhat.

Any help anybody can give would be greatly appreciated.