Ctrl-Alt-F[1-6]

Hey,

Normally you can do Ctrl-Alt-F[1-6] to switch to command line while
running an X session. I am not able to. I have a Dell Dimension 4500S
and have the correct graphics driver (downloaded from intel) installed.
Any help will be appreciated.
--
"People's heads are like cement, all mixed up and permanently set."
"An elephant is really a mouse designed by a committee."