Subject: Installing Linux
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:43:40 -0800

I finally tried something that you probably didn't try.
There is a "text" mode that you can choose initially
that uses a older style of interface.  When I went through
the installation process with this it eventually reported
"Exception occurred" and showed a traceback.  The
deepest levels of this seemed to be:
  todo.getCompsList() in file package.py
  getCompsList in file todo.py line 467
I am guessing that "py" indicates a "python" script file
(yet another scripting language).

It seems that the more GUI approaches were failing without
any indication of this crash.

I tried some variants, and this error always occured.

This could indicate a HW incompatibility between "python"
and the CPU of the machine (??).

========== End forwarded message ==========