firewire disk

HI All,

I've got a firewire disk on my RedHat 8.0 computer.  If it's all plugged
together and turned on when I boot the computer, the disk comes up
and mounts just fine.

But what do we have to do make the device hot-pluggable?  I don't
understand if it is kudzu's job or /sbin/plugin that is supposed to
detect that the drive just got attached or removed.  And is it supposed
to automatically mount onto a filesystem, or should we
add the "user" to the list of "options" in /etc/fstab so that a normal
user can mount the disk.

We would like to make it possible for non-root users to mount and unmount
these firewire disks.

Thanks,

Cheryl
--