Re: [psyche] Best way to update to RH9 from 8.0 ?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 11:01:52AM -0800, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> If you use wine, or CodeWeavers CrossOver Office or Plugin, you may want
> to wait a bit before upgrading.  The recent glibc errata update breaks
> wine.

It breaks a lot more than just Wine. PHP's gdbm functionality no longer
works (probably a more general problem with gdbm vs. glibc, but I haven't
had time to troubleshoot it), and trawling through bugzilla indicates a
few other things (Netscape Communicator, some pthread symbol issues, etc)
are having indigestion with this release.

I've been strongly advising anyone I have the ear of to hold off on that
errata release if they can get away with it (ie. they can tolerate the
associated risk for their application).

Edward S. Marshall <esm logic net>

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.