quotas on nfs mounted filesystems.

We have a series of machines that share the same nfs mounted user
directories. This nfs mounted filesystem has quotas enabled on the
server and one can indeed run quota on the server to find out your
quota. But on the clients the running is supposed to work through a
call to rpc.rquotad on the server. We can't make that work.

Does anyone know the trick.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University