Re: Red Hat 9

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 13:36, Kevin Waterson wrote:
> eg: If I have a 7.3 installation and the errata stops
> for public release. How then can updates be limited to
> paying customers only if the source code must be available
> under the GPL?
>
> Kind regards
> Kevin

Nothing stops you from downloading a 8.0 or a 9 .src.rpm and rebuilding it for
7.3.  yes the source is there, but there is no guarentee that the end package
will work as designed on 7.3.  There are some system changes that will make
packages non-compatible w/out heavy spec file tweakage.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: