Re: Red Hat 9

This one time, at band camp,
Brent Fox <bfox redhat com> wrote:

> We won't release errata or updates for 7.3 after the End Of Life period
> arrives.  With the RHL line, there's no distinction between paying
> customers and unpaid customers once the product goes EOL.

Ok, so if 9.0 goes EOL, I cannot get updates unless I use the
Enterprise line

> If you really need a version that you can run for 5 years, then
> buy the Enterprise line and pay us for that level of service.

Across our network this could be quite expensive, with approx 600
installations, more on that later. What I cannot see, is how you
can be offering updates to the Enterprise line, without making
the source available. Perhaps I am missing something bleeding
obvious here.

Kind regards
Kevin

--