Re: Editor Documentation

Thomas Dodd writes....

> > On 17:57 21 Mar 2003, Wolfgang Gill <wolfgang botanybay nsw gov au> wrote:
> > | Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction as to where to
> > | get hold of some editor documentation. Either in HTML or PDF format.
> > |
> > | What I basically would like to do, is to write some *.sh scripts. And
> > | use the editor commands to edit some text files (Command line based).
> > | I want to be able to search for text, and either add text to the file
> > | (in the correct area), or remove the text and/or replace the text in
> > | the file using a script.

Here's a "vi cheatsheet" that I used for a while.  Has the basics
and some.  I'll stick it out on my website:

http://www.jaycrews.com/~jpc/vi.txt

If you are not use to using vi, it's kind of annoying
to begin with.  But WELL WORTH learning!!!
It's standard on pretty much all unix platforms, so if you're
stuck with a system in some dire situation, vi is the most likely
editor to be there.
And once you get use to it, it's WONDERFUL!
I've got a version for DOS, MS, OS2, and VMS/VAX.

Don't leave home without it!

-- Jay Crews
jpc jaycrews com