Re: RH 9 - new glibc

This one time, at band camp,
Eric Burke <eburke burkecentral net> wrote:

> Well, the release notes should not be that different than the release
> notes from the beta. The bottom line is for a corporate desktop, RH no
> longer serves the purpose.

We admin a network with approx 600 workstations and I feel redhat may not
be the solution for this purpose also. The cost of upgrades is way above
that of Microsoft, who do updates for free. But I would not be going with
a MS solution but I will be seriously looking at other linux distro's such
as Debian and Mandrake to see what they have on offer. I will continue to
run RedHat on my home machine, but for networks, I think it is getting
a little costly.

Kind regards
Kevin

--